Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Peppermint Mocha

I feel very tempted and lured in by the coffee house drinks.  I usually suffer from a sugar overload induced headache when I indulge.  So, I have been working on a paleo version of some of my favorites.  Here is my peppermint mocha recipe:

1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup strong brewed organic coffee
2 Tbsp good quality cacao powder (I use Dagoba brand)
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
6 drops vanilla creme stevia
pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a blender or Vitamix and process until foamy.  Transfer to a small pot and heat thoroughly. Pour into 2 large mugs and enjoy with someone special. 

This is my oldest kiddo after school.  Such a warm, comforting drink to sip on while telling Mom about your day!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment