Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Almond Flour Zucchini Bread

Anyone have zucchini yet?  My one little vine with a little baby zuc broke off a few days ago due to  a strong wind.  So, I'm still leaching off friends!  Aren't friends great?  Gardening friends help each other extend the growing season.  Hopefully, I will have plenty of squash to give back when theirs has run it's course. 

I made this zucchini bread recipe yesterday.  I thought it didn't look quite done in the middle, but I had somewhere to go, so I took it out.  Unfortunately, mine was a bit doughy in the center, so I'll spare you a picture!  The rest of the bread was delicious.  I was afraid the banana would make it taste like banana bread, but the flavor is subtle and hidden by the spices.  I served it with supper which consisted of what's ready in the garden (roasted kale, red potatoes, cucumbers, sweet corn) and some grilled chicken.  The leftover will make a good breakfast or snack toasted with almond or coconut butter.  I think I'll go have a piece now!

2 comments:

  1. After reading the reviews about how moist this turned out, I made the batter into muffins. Same temp but for about 15 minutes and they were super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! No zucchini yet at our house, but it will be coming soon.

      Delete