Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hamburger Bar-B-Que


A favorite thing to make when we have projects or work days in our family is a crock-pot full of bar-b-que.  Many years ago, my mother in law gave me recipe that has become a family favorite.  I have adapted it to be dairy-free, grain-free, and can be refined sugar free.  I have made this twice in the last week and it was quickly eaten up both times.  I make it the day ahead and then put my crock-pot insert in the fridge overnight.  In the morning I turn my crock-pot on low and the meat is read for lunch.  Serve with buns, corn chips, or just on its own.

6 pounds hamburger
2 large onions, finely chopped
2-3 green peppers, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2- 16 oz jars tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
1 1/2 cups ketchup (I have used organic store bought or my homemade)
3 Tbsp prepared mustard

Brown hamburger with onions and peppers.  Drain well.  Add all other ingredients.  Crock-pot on low for 4-6 hours stirring once.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Is the 3rd item suppose to be green peppers?

    ReplyDelete