Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Paleo Cream of Chicken Soup & Fried Apples

Do you live in the mid-west?  If you do then you know it has suddenly become winter weather!  What better than a hot pot of soup?  How about CREAMY soup?  My sister-in-law tried this recipe out on her family and they liked it, so I decided to try it out on my crew.  This soup turned out wonderful and no one suspected it had cauliflower in it!  I did make a couple changes.  I added leeks to the veggies and about 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.  I only cooked 1 large head of cauliflower and it yielded 4 cups of puree, so maybe don't make 2 heads right off the bat if one is large.

image

I made these fried apples to go with our supper.

5 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
5 Tbsp salted butter (I used Kerrygold)
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon

Melt butter in a large skillet.  Add apples.  Fry for a few minutes and flip apples around until they begin to soften.  Add honey and cinnamon.  Mix well and continue to cook until desired consistency.    image

No comments:

Post a Comment