Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Thousand Island Dressing

When it comes to salad dressings, I'm a vinaigrette girl.  My kiddos love the thicker dressings like french or creamy ranch, but not me.  So, craving a thick thousand island dressing is unusual for me, but it's been sounding so good.  I scanned some recipes to get an idea on what is in it and here's what I came up with.  First things first, I needed a sweet pickle or relish.  Most conventional brands have corn syrup.  I found this jar at Target and thought the heat from the peppers would be great for a dressing.  No HFCS, but it does contain sugar, so keep that in mind if you are strictly avoiding sugar.

 Rena's Thousand Island Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise (I used Spectrum Olive Oil)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped pickles (I used Wickles brand)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp pickle juice

Combine together and chill.  Serve as a dip or salad dressing.


My kiddos loved this and it was delicious on a salad with leftover chicken fingers!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment