Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Microwave Sandwich Bread

I have posted this recipe within other posts before, but it is such a go-to bread it deserves its own post!  This microwave sandwich bread was one of the first paleo breads I made.  I always use the toasted sesame seeds and use olive or grape seed oil in place of the walnut oil.  I used a mixture of black and white sesame seeds for this batch. 

This is all it takes to mix it up, so it does not create very many dishes.  I use the 1/4 cup to measure the almond flour and flax.  The 1/2 Tbsp to measure the sesame seeds, baking powder, oil and honey in that order. Then the 1/4 tsp for the salt.

image
Next, I pour about 1/4 of the batter in each small glass pyrex dish like this.
image
I microwave them individually for 1 minute.  The recipe says longer, so it may depend on the power of your microwave.  I flip them out on a cooling rack and then reuse the dish for the next 1/4 of the batter.
 image
 I slice mine horizontally.  This is one made into a yummy egg, turkey bacon, pepper & onion sandwich.
image

What will you use yours for?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment