Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Paleo Salted Caramel Mocha

I've been enjoying making a healthier versions of "coffee house" drinks.  I'm loving this Peppermint Mocha.  I also wanted to create a salted caramel option.  I  wanted to be able to achieve this by not needing to make a caramel sauce first.  Here's what I came up with.

Paleo Salted Caramel Mocha
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
1 Tbsp good quality cacao powder
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut nectar
2 Tbsp salted butter (I use Kerrygold grass-fed)
6 drops vanilla creme stevia
Himalayan pink salt

Combine all ingredients except the salt in a high speed blender or Vitamix until foamy.  Transfer to a small pot and heat thoroughly.  Pour into 2 mugs.  Grind a bit of Himalayan pink salt on top.  Enjoy!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment