Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Fried Zucchini

There are certain things that make my family very happy when they see them on their plates.  One is grilled steak, another is fried zucchini.  Tonight we had both! 
image 

Last summer I made paleo fried zucchini many times, this year I am continuing the tradition.  I made 2 recipes.  The first ones are my made-up recipe.  This is my family's favorite!  We ate both with this ranch dressing.
 image
Rena's Fried Zucchini
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 egg
2 Tbsp almond milk
coconut oil
grape seed oil
1-2 zucchinis

In the first bowl mix flour and spices.  In the second bowl whisk egg and almond milk.  Slice zucchini in about 1/4 inch slices.  Heat oils in a skillet or electric skillet (I use my electric skillet at around 375 degrees.)  Dip squash in egg mixture then flour mixture.  Fry in oil flipping once.  You want them to brown but cook through.  Place on a paper towel lined plate. 

We also tried this recipe.  These were unique since you do the egg mixture step second.  The batter held on nicely and they had a great appearance.  My family did not like them as well.  I'm thinking I may try switching the flour & egg steps next time using my recipe.  
 image

No comments:

Post a Comment