Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup

It's soup season!   With the farm equipment driving down the roads and chilly evenings, I can't wait to make soups.  The day I put this in my crock pot as I planned to be gone all afternoon and returning home at suppertime.  This is not paleo since it includes rice, but it is still gluten free and super easy.

2 lbs ground meat, cooked (I used 1 lb beef, 1 lb turkey)
4 green peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes or 8 cups diced fresh tomatoes
2- 15oz can tomato sauce
32oz beef broth (vegetable broth would work great too)
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 tsp chili powder
4 cups cooked rice

Put it all in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Can be topped with shredded cheddar cheese. 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment