Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Almond Chicken Fingers

I needed something quick and easy to feed the kiddos tonight.  I decided on this paleo almond chicken finger recipe. I omitted the cayenne, doubled the breading and battered 3lbs of chicken breasts.  We made a quick honey-mustard dipping sauce (1/2 dijon mustard, 1/2 honey).  5 of the 6 kiddos that ate them liked them.  I ate a cold one out of the container when I returned home.  It was good cold, so I'm sure it would be great straight out of the oven!

This is what they look like all piled up in the Tupperware.  ;)
image

2 comments:

  1. I've made a similar recipe. I replace some of the almond flour with tapioca, which gives a crispier breading. I've been frying mine, but I wondered how they'd be baked. I'll have to try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tapioca certainly seems to make things crispier & I think frying them would be better. That being said, I enjoyed the lower labor & clean up of only baking them.

      Delete