Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Whole30 Menu Plan Week #1

Well, I've been working out what I will eat the first week of my Whole30.  I plan to start in a week.  The Monday after Easter Sunday just seemed like the right time for a new beginning!  Having it all planned out will definitely help me to succeed.  I plan to have these snacks ready to eat so I can even make a good choice during a middle of the night baby feeding session.  I will check in and let you know how it is going and post what I plan to eat on week #2.  I have only included 5 days in my plan since we often have leftovers, so 5 days worth of cooking will often last 7 days.  I will also report what my 7 days of eating entailed and if I needed to plan another meal or 2.

Everyday:  Coffee with collagen & coconut oil.  Water with lemon or lime juice.

Day 1
Breakfast:  Grapefruit and turkey sausage patties. Omit the sugar, but use this recipe.
Lunch:  Lettuce and/or spinach salad with avocado, hard boiled eggs, olive oil, salt & pepper.  Add leftover meat from the weekend.
Supper:  Beef pot roast, garlic mashed cauliflower, green beans & applesauce with cinnamon
Snack ideas for the day:  Cashew butter, celery, banana, pistachios

Day 2
Breakfast:  Sausage & sweet potato hash
Lunch:  Salmon Salad celery & pears
Supper:  Greek Chicken, roasted carrots, bacon wrapped asparagus
Snack ideas for the day:  Blueberries, almonds, peppers

Day 3
Breakfast: Fried or scrambled eggs
Lunch:  Lettuce and/or spinach salad with leftover chicken, avocado, peppers, carrots, celery, olive oil, salt & pepper
Supper:  Spaghetti Squash Bolognese (swap beef broth for white wine), green beans 
Snack ideas for the day:  Pecans, apples, carrots

Day 4
Breakfast:  These pumpkin pancakes omitting the syrup topped with roasted pumpkin seeds
Lunch:  Leftovers from the week
Supper:  Dijon Almond Crusted Fish, baked sweet potatoes, peas
Snack ideas for the day:  Guacamole, celery, oranges

Day 5
Breakfast:  Banana Nut Porridge with organic raisins
Lunch:  Salmon Salad, red pepper, apples
Supper:  Grilled steak, roasted potatoes, and broccoli
Snack ideas for the day:  Strawberries, cashews, carrots

***I do plan to use some butter, since I know I'm not sensitive to it & I don't care for clarified butter***

What to do:
Sunday- Prepare turkey sausage patties, wash grapefruit, thaw beef roast, wash and trim celery.
Monday- make homemade mayo & prepare salmon salad, wash blueberries, wash and cut peppers, thaw chicken breasts & put in marinade
Tuesday- wash & cut apples, thaw ground beef & ground turkey
Wednesday- Make Quick & easy guac, wash oranges, wash & trim celery, thaw fish
Thursday- Soak nuts for porridge, wash strawberries, thaw steak
Friday- Evaluate what needs to be eaten and prepare for the weekend.  Make sure to have a plan for week #2!

Giveaway winner has been contacted via email.  Thanks for all the ideas & inspiration!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing all the hard work! This makes it easy to join you! :)

    ReplyDelete