Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Beef Pot Roast & Spinach Salad

I diverged from my normal pot roast recipe today and I'm glad I did.  Here's what I made tonight:  Paleo Plan Beef Pot Roast.  I used 4 tsp of Italian seasoning instead of the thyme and oregano.  We are not crazy about the taste of thyme & somehow I had 3 bottles of Italian seasoning in my cabinet, now I only have 2!  I roasted mine in the oven for 2.5 hours.  I  served this with leftover potatoes from Easter (thanks again, Mom!) for the family & a spinach salad.

This spinach salad is adapted from a really yummy recipe my sister-in-law makes.  The original recipe has sour cream and sugar in the dressing.  2/3 of the kids liked this salad.  I had leftover dressing which is good since 1 of the kids asked if I'd make this salad again tomorrow.  If my children ask for salad, I will make it!  I have hard boiled eggs and leftover bacon in the fridge, so this will come together in a snap tomorrow.  Here's what I put in mine:

baby spinach
2 pieces cooked & chopped turkey bacon
2 hard boiled eggs, cubed

Dressing:
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
25 drops stevia
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
6 frozen strawberries, about 1/3 cup
1 cup oil (I used olive)

Combine all ingredients in a blender, except oil, and blend until smooth.  Slowly add oil until emulsified.   Store any leftover in the fridge.   



imageimage 
Using words like "emulsified" makes me feel very professional, hehehe.

2 comments: