Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

BBQ Turkey Sandwiches

I roasted a turkey yesterday.  I roasted a HUGE turkey yesterday!  It was very yummy.  I now have the start to many meals in the freezer.  Tonight we have BBQ Turkey Sandwiches.

Here's the breakdown-

BBQ Sauce
1 cup homemade ketchup
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp Yacon syrup (could substitute with blackstrap molasses)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
few shakes of hot sauce (I use Frank's Redhot)

Mix all together and add to cooked, shredded turkey.  Place in crock pot on low 2-3 hours.  

Hamburger buns from the Against All Grain cookbook.  (Email me at renaeats@gmail.com if you'd like the recipe.)  They are quick & easy.  I really like them!

Sauteed Red Cabbage
Shred 1 small red cabbage
thinly slice 1/2 onion
mince 2 cloves of garlic

Saute in a couple Tbsps of oil (I used avocado).  Season with salt, pepper, and a Tbsp of coconut aminos.  Cook until tender crisp.

image 
These were yummy!  A couple of the kids said they didn't even know they liked cabbage.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment