Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Zoodles & Meat Sauce

I have been looking forward to this all day.  In case you missed yesterday's post, I bought a spiralizer!  I had purchased 2 organic zucchinis this week, so making zucchini noodles seemed like the logical thing to do.  They were well received by the clan, the only one who didn't love them gave it a rating of "B-" and ate them anyway.  So, that's a win in my book!  I loved the texture and variety.  If I had peeled the squash before spiralizing it, the appearance would have been even more noodle like.
image 

To make the zoodles:
spiralize or julienne zucchini (2 small zucchini's made about 2 adult portions)
saute squash in olive oil about 5 minutes until tender-crisp
top with sauce & basil

To make canned sauce better:
brown hamburger with chopped onions and minced garlic  
simmer sauce with meat mixture
add 1 tsp garlic salt and fresh or dried basil

No comments:

Post a Comment