Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Egg-Free Blueberry Pancakes

I like eggs, my family likes eggs, I have a friend from whom I buy wonderful, organic eggs.  All is good.  After recording my meals for a month, I determined I may eat too many eggs.  I have also spoke with several people in the last week who are searching for egg-free paleo options.  Here is the pancake recipe I tried today:  Blueberry Pancakes.  I fried mine in coconut oil and used 6 drops of liquid stevia instead of powdered per the recipe.  I used the coconut flour option.

These were fairly good depending on what your expectations are.  Without any grains of eggs, the only thing to bind them is the flax.  They were very hard to flip & I soon abandoned the idea of putting blueberries in them.  Only 50% of us were home for breakfast today and we all agreed they were about a "B."  I liked the flavor the almond extract added to the batter and may try that in our other recipes.  If you do not tolerate eggs, give this one a try.  If anyone has an egg-free pancake recipe they like, please send it to me.

I plopped the batter in with my small cookie scoop.
   image 
Then I smashed and let them sit a couple minutes.  Then flipped and smashed with the spatula again. 
 image 
Here's the finished product topped with warm blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
 
image











2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rena! We'll have to try these for Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad! :) I doubled the recipe for me, my husband and my 3 year old and am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete