Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Roasted Chicken, Stir-Fry Veggies & Raspberry Zinger

I roasted a chicken tonight.  This was a big bird and took 2 hours to bake!  It made the house smell wonderful.  I put olive oil, Simply Organic All Purpose Seasoning, Organic No-Salt Seasoning, salt, pepper and a lemon on my chicken tonight.  I ate my roasted chicken on top of fresh garden lettuce.  I also make this for a side dish:

Stir- Fry Veggies
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
1.5 cups fresh carrots, jullienned
salt & pepper
1 Tbsp oil (I used avocado)

Heat oil in skillet with a lid.  Saute onion a few minute, add garlic and saute a minute longer.  Add broccoli and carrots and saute for a few minutes.  Turn heat down and top the skillet with a lid.  Cook about 5 more minutes.  Season & serve.

image 

We also made a raspberry zinger for dessert.  Here is my paleofied Vitamix recipe:
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup honey
10 drops stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 lb frozen unsweetened raspberries

Place all ingredients into the Vitamix in the order listed and secure lid.  Turn machine on and slowly increase to variable 10, then to high.  Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades.  In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor with change and 4 mounds should form.   Stop machine, do not over mix or melting will occur.  Serve immediately.

image


 

No comments:

Post a Comment