Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fresh Tomato-Cucumber Salad

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary!  It was a fairly normal day of ortho appointments, dentist appointments (no cavities, yeah!!!!), work, balancing the checkbook, etc.  My hubby did try to awaken me enough this morning to say "Happy Anniversary," which is very difficult since I'm in my first trimester I could sleep endless amounts stage.  Oh, If you haven't heard we are expecting our 5th child in the spring!  We are so excited! 

Anyway, back to the food.  I was loosely following a recipe tonight & changed so many things, I think I came up with an original.  ;)

Fresh Tomato-Cucumber Salad
1 cucumber, sliced & quartered
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (any tomato should work)
1 small onion, diced
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil (I used extra virgin)
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp white pepper

Place all the veggies and parsley in a bowl & set aside.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of ingredients until fully combined.  Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables & set aside for 20 minutes.  Gently toss before serving.

image


We carved out a few minutes to have dinner together tonight with 4 of our favorite people.  :)  
On the menu:
Grass-fed rib eyes
Baked sweet potatoes
Sauteed squash
Fresh tomato-cucumber salad
Cinnamon rolls


image 

We rounded out our unromantic anniversary by digging potatoes after dinner.  It was actually a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment