Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chia Pudding and Bacon



 
Pudding and bacon for breakfast?  Yes, please!  This is super easy and I make it the day before.  I use these little jars for a portable treat or instant individual portions.  I've kept these up to a week in my fridge, but they do not usually stick around that long.  There are so many recipes online, it can really be tweaked to your tastes.  Here's what I made:

Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding:
2 cups full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup honey (I use a bit less)
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
2/3 cup chia seeds

Blend everything but the chia seeds together.  Stir in chia seeds.  Pour into jars and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  We top ours with thawed, frozen raspberries.

About the bacon.......





 
This is our favorite kind.  I usually purchase from my health foods co-op, but I've found it at Hy-Vee and Shnuck's. 

1 comment: