Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shopping

This morning I went shopping with a friend.  Here's what I took along for snacks.



 
Some of these were eaten by my "little shopper," some are still in my lunch bag.  If I have good things along to eat, I am much less tempted to eat junk.  The larger canister is filled with hot tea.  I LOVE this canister.  It keeps drinks hot or cold for hours!  I hardly leave the house without it.  Hot tea or coffee in the colder seasons, iced tea or mineral water with lemon juice in the warmer seasons.  I purchase these (yes, I own 3) at Target.  Anyway, about shopping.  We went to Costco this morning. I like to buy organic greens, bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes, asparagus, peppers, organic apples, frozen veggies, frozen berries, nuts, frozen fish, organic chicken, coconut oil, avocado oil, almond butter and dates at Costco.  Then we went to Kroger.  I can find many things I only want a small quantity of at Kroger.  My friend & I were not able to get a few things on this excursion, but I know we could have found everything else at Hy-Vee or Naturally Yours.  I also buy bulk items through my health foods co-op and online.  ALWAYS buy a small quantity of something before purchasing it in bulk, I've learned this the hard way.  Once you use a product regularly and you and your family like it, bulk prices are a huge savings. 

Comment if you'd like a specific product review.

No comments:

Post a Comment