Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nut Encrusted Cod


 
Tonight's supper did not include "official" recipes.  Here's what we had and how I prepare it.
Nut Encrusted Fish:
2 cups raw pecans
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
any fresh or dried herbs (I used fresh thyme, fresh cilantro, dried chives & dried parsley)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper 
6 wild caught white fish filets (tonight it was cod)
1/4 cup butter (I use Kerrygold when I can find it)
  
Put all the nuts in a food processor until it looks like course sand.  And herbs, salt and pepper, process in.   Melt butter.  Smear bottom of 9x13 pan with a bit of butter.  Dip fish in butter, then nut mixture, then place in pan.  Really pack the nuts on the fish.  Drizzle any extra butter on top.  Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until fish flakes.  

Next the roasted vegetables.  Have you ever roasted veggies in the oven?  This is our favorite way to eat them!  Especially asparagus (please, please, please do not boil asparagus.)  
Roasted Aspraragus:
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
25 spears of asparagus
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. dried thyme or oregano

Dizzle baking sheet with oil.  Trim and cut asparagus spears in thirds.  Sprinkle with salt and herbs.  Toss around.  Roast about 20 minutes in 350 oven.

This is how I made the carrots last night.  I often try to think about how my food will cook, so I can streamline meal prep time.  So, I roasted the carrots too.  This way our whole meal was in the oven at the same time.
Roasted Carrots:
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
about 8-10 carrots cut in bite size pieces
 seasoning (I used the organic equivilent to Mrs. Dash & some salt)

Drizzle baking sheet with oil.  toss carrots and seasoning around on pan.  Roast about 20 minutes in 350 oven. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment