Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lemon-Raspberry Pancakes

 
This is another family favorite.  Since today will be a work day for my kids, I can at least start the day with lemon-raspberry pancakes!  The only thing I do different from the recipe, is use the lemon-raspberry as a topping instead of mixing it in the batter.  I found it burnt to my pan when cooking when it was mixed in.  As I've mentioned before, my family believes you must always put something on top of the pancakes, so this works better for us.

A few thoughts about tapioca flour:
I use tapioca flour sparingly.  It is plant based and gluten free and gives things a great texture.  It is considered paleo.  I use it infrequently because it is a carb that lacks nutrition compared to some other options.  Want to learn more about tapioca flour

5 comments:

  1. I use tapioca flour (and sweet potatoes and other carb-heavy veggies) more than the typical adult Paleo eater because I'm an endurance runner. They aren't the best choice if you're trying to lose weight, but are great sources of energy for kids and athletes. Tapioca pumpkin flatbread with almond butter is a favorite around here and essential for heavy running weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts, Jen. I'd love to try the flatbread recipe, we love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin Flatbread:
    1.5c tapioca flour
    5 large eggs
    1c pumpkin puree
    1/2t sea salt
    Combine ingredients as smooth as you can make it. Put a little oil in a pan and heat on medium low. Pour some of the batter into the pan. Cook until slightly browned, then flip. This makes 5 or so large flatbreads or you can make more smaller as desired. They're pretty bland, so can be used with sweet or savory toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do come out a bit chewy (tapioca), but the pumpkin lessens that better than the straight tapioca crepes I've made before.

    ReplyDelete