Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Beef Short Ribs, Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato Hash

On Saturday, I prepared our Sunday's supper and put it in the crock pot and put it in the fridge.  Then on Sunday all I had to do was put it in the base and turn it on.  In my ideal world, I would do this every week.  It was so nice to have less meal prep, dishes, etc and more time with my family!  Here's what we had:

Balsamic Braised Short Ribs from the Practical Paleo book.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
Preheat oven to 450.  Drizzle pan with oil(I used avocado).  Trim and quarter sprouts, then toss in the oil.  Grind salt and pepper over the top.  Roast for 15 minutes until tender crisp. 

Sweet Potato Hash:
Wash and peel 3 sweet potatoes.  Shred.  Chop about 1 cup of onion(I used sweet).  Chop about 6 chives(dried works too).  Heat skillet and about 2 Tbsp oil(I used avocado).  Add veggies.  Do not stir too often if you want the potatoes to brown and crisp.  Sometimes I place a lid on the pan to allow them to cook through, then remove to brown.  Season with salt and pepper.  Other savory spices work well in these so use whatever sounds good.  I've used parsley, marjoram, thyme, etc.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment