Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Moroccan Chicken Casserole

Paleo and casserole are rarely in the same sentence.  Some days I long for the ease of putting 1 dish in the oven and voila, supper is done!  This is a great recipe that is liked by my family.  This takes at least 45 minutes to chop everything, measure spices and brown chicken, so I assemble it earlier in the day and then pop in the oven closer to meal time.  I have never tried it, but I think it could sit in the fridge overnight and be baked the next day.  I tone down or omit the cayenne for the "youngers" in the house, but usually dash some hot sauce on top for the "olders" in the house.  Made mine with organic thighs and legs I purchased this morning, but I have used boneless, skinless breasts before.

Check out this Moroccan chicken casserole recipe and prepare you mouth for a flavor explosion!


 All ready to go in the oven.
image 
My pan was really full and took more like 1 hour 20 minutes until it was done.  Just check meat with a thermometer.

Served this with applesauce for the kiddos and salad for me.
image

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I'm making it this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes enough for our whole fam with leftovers, so you may want to halve the recipe. The leftovers are good, though!

      Delete
  2. This looks great - a casserole - woohoo! Have you tried freezing this? I would love to be able to make two of these and stick one in the freezer for a busy night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. I'm thinking the cauliflower may not freeze well. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete