Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Marinated Steak

Warning:  This is not a strict paleo recipe.  This is a family favorite recipe that I made for a birthday supper tonight.  I think one way to help sway my family to eating healthy, is to make things they like.  I'm sure this marinade could be paleofied, but I have not experimented with that yet.  I think if the soy sauce was subbed for coconut aminos and the Worcestershire was omitted or replaced with some salt it would be totally paleo.  Here's the original recipe. 

Best Steak Marinade In Existence:
1/3 cup soy sauce (I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos) 
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp dried basil
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp white pepper (I've used black before)
Few shakes of hot pepper sauce

Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 30 seconds, until thoroughly mixed.  Pour over steak, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.  Remove from marinade and grill. 

Tonight we also grilled asparagus and had some sauteed spinach and garlic. 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment