Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Citrus-Cumin Chicken, Spinach & Sweet Potato Coins

We had a great supper with 2 new recipes tonight.  First the picture.
image 
Citrus-Cumin Chicken recipe from the Against All Grain cookbook.  I used 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  We did not have a bite left!  This cooks really fast, so I would put it in the marinade the night before or that morning for a quick supper.

I topped the chicken with this lemon aioli sauce.  This sauce made its way on top of the sweet potatoes and spinach also!   

Last weekend, my sister-in-law told me how much her & my niece like these Crispy Curried Sweet Potato Coins, so I was excited to try them out on my clan.  5/6 of us loved these!  We did the baked option.

Lastly, we had cooked spinach.  This is how I make mine: 
Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet
Saute 1/3 cup onion until transclusent
Add about 10 ounces of fresh spinach (This may need to be done in batches)
Remove from heat once wilted and season with salt & pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment