Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sloppy Joes

I loosely followed this recipe for paleo sloppy joes

Starting with the BBQ sauce:  I had a cup of homemade ketchup that I needed to use so I did half ketchup/half tomato sauce.  I adjusted the other ingredients accordingly.  This is exactly what I did, play around with it and see what your family likes.

BBQ sauce:
1 cup homemade ketchup
1 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup water
1 tsp mesquite seasoning(this is how I made mine:  http://www.cookingwithcorey.info/2011/04/recipe-262-mesquite-dry-spice-rub.html)
1/2 Tbsp ground mustard
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp Yacon syrup
1 tsp organic no-salt seasoning (basically Mrs. Dash original)

Buns:
I made them according to the link the recipe provided except i used the organic no-salt seasoning again.

Meat:
I omitted the bacon and used 2 1/3 lbs of ground beef

  image 
Here is the seasoning I used.
 
 image 
My dinner.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment