Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Egg Free Paleo Porridge

We all have ideals, don't we?  In my ideal world, I would not make separate meals and my children would eat what I eat or vice versa.  I would not cook in my microwave.  I forfeited these ideals this morning and had a great breakfast!  Since I've been reacting a bit to eating straight eggs and I know others looking for egg free recipes, I am on the quest for some new breakfast options.  

I've tried many different paleo hot cereal recipes, but this one is by far the easiest and best tasting.  I topped mine with vanilla, cinnamon and almond milk.  I had 3 of the kiddos try it.  One of them liked it better than what I had made them (Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal), the other 2 were happier with their breakfast.  This confirms what I have experienced in the past, not all my kiddos will eat paleo hot cereal.  I loved this and feel way better than if I would have eaten a couple eggs.  

So, check out this paleo porridge from The Paleo Mom if you need a one portion breakfast in less than 5 minutes.  If I plan ahead next time, I will grind all the seeds, nuts and flax the night before for even easier clean up in the morning.  No picture this morning, but mine turned out looking just like the picture in this link (wish I would have had a few of those lovely blackberries to put on top of mine!).

No comments:

Post a Comment