Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Now that you all have Julie Andrews voice running through your brain, let's talk about food!  I have been asked what I always keep on hand and where I shop many times.  I will try to address this today.

Always on hand:
Meat:
Beef- grass-fed when possible.  I buy this by the quarter directly from producers.
Chicken- free-range, non-GMO fed whole birds from Turducken Farm, boneless, skinless organic breast &thighs from Costco.
Fish- Alaskan wild caught salmon from Costco or GFS. Wild caught white fish from Costco or Kroger.
Turkey bacon- Applegate Farms from health foods co-op or Hy-Vee

Nuts & Seeds:
Raw almonds- Costco
Raw walnuts- Costco
Raw pecans- Costco
Raw cashews- Hy-Vee
Raw sunflower seeds- health foods co-op
Raw pumpkin seeds- health foods co-op
Roasted/salted cashews- Costco
Roasted/salted pistachios- Costco
Chia seeds- Costco

Frozen:
Lots of veggies from my garden
Berries- organic strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries from health foods co-op or Costco
Organic broccoli- Costco

Canned (I can most of these things myself):
Pizza/Pasta sauce- home canned
Diced tomatoes- home canned
Tomato juice- home canned
Tomato sauce- home canned
Tomato paste- organic from Costco
Salsa- home canned
Olives- Costco
Organic chicken stock- Costco

Oils:
Olive, Extra Virgin- Costco or health foods co-op
Olive, Light- Kroger
Grapeseed- health foods co-op
Avocado- Costco
Coconut- Costco

Flour:
Almond, Honeyville brand- direct from the company or Amazon
Coconut- from Honeyville, Kroger, or Hy-Vee
Tapioca- Kroger or Hy-Vee
Arrowroot powder- health foods co-op or Hy-Vee

Other:
Almond Butter- Costco or health foods co-op
Unsweetened, flaked coconut- health foods co-op
Liquid Stevia- vanilla creme, english toffee, plain- from Naturally Yours or health foods co-op
Organic green & black tea, chai tea- health food co-op or Hy-Vee
Celestial Seasonings tea- any grocer
Organic coffee beans- Costco
Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar- health food co-op
lots of salt, pepper, spices
Chocolate Drops, Dagoba brand- health foods co-op
Dates- Costco
Honey- Costco
Coconut sugar- Hy-Vee

I will have to go through what I keep in my fridge another day.  I hope this helps.  Email any specific questions to renaeats@gmail.com.







1 comment: