Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

BBQ Turkey Sandwiches

image 
I still have some frozen roasted turkey in the freezer.  A couple days ago I made a batch of homemade ketchup.  That being said, this meal came together so quickly!  Cooked the peas & corn together and drizzled them with Kerrygold butter and garlic salt.  


BBQ Sauce
1 cup homemade ketchup
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp Yacon syrup (could substitute with blackstrap molasses)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
few shakes of hot sauce (I use Frank's Redhot)

I simmered this in a pot for a few minutes.  Then I added the thawed, chopped turkey.  Simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes.  We ate ours with fresh garden lettuce and on this bread.

About the bread..... I made it a bit different and we all liked it better.  It all started when I burnt instead of lightly toasting my sesame seeds.  I did not have enough sesame seeds to make another batch, so I used chia seed.  Then I completely omitted 2 ingredients unintentionally. The result was a fluffier, more like white bread result.  The BBQ turkey was great on these.  Keeping it real on my blog today!

Here is my accidentally revised version:

Directions:
Oil the ramekins.
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined. Divide between the 4 ramekins.
Cook one at a time in the microwave for 1 minute.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 almond flour
  • 1T raw sesame seeds (or other seed/nut)
  • 1 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 T honey 

No comments:

Post a Comment