Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tacos & French Dressing Recipe

This is how we do tacos in our house.  Everything goes on the table and we all choose what we want.  I made a yummy french dressing to drizzle on top this time that was a hit.  I will eat the leftovers on my salads for the rest of the week.  The chopping can be done ahead of time to make this meal in a flash.  Otherwise to make the guac, dressing, meat and clean and chop everything, this takes about an hour. 

Here's what we had:
Organic corn chips
Lettuce
Taco meat
Diced peppers
Sliced olives
Guacamole
Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Fresh cilantro
French dressing

This is how I made my taco meat:
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup Frontier taco seasoning (this does contain rice flour)
1/2 cup water
1 cup mild salsa

Brown beef and drain.  Add other ingredients and simmer with the lid on for at least 15 minutes. 

I made this recipe for French dressing.  We included the 2 optional ingredients in our dressing because my kitchen helper said, "Let's put them in, because I like molasses and cloves."

Mine is basically a taco salad.  Lettuce, meat, peppers, olives, guac, cilantro and french dressing.  Yum!
image 
The dressing recipe made enough to fill a TAZO tea bottle plus just a bit more.  I think these bottles work great for condiments.

 image

No comments:

Post a Comment