Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Chicken Noodle Stoup

This is not a strict paleo meal.  I use quinoa noodles in our house because they are gluten free and high protein.  I rarely eat eat them, but my kiddos all like them.  What I made tonight was all about using some things up and eating quickly before going to church!  We ate ours with a few fresh strawberries.

Chicken Noodle Stoup
2 Tbsp butter (I used Kerrygold)
1/2 sweet onion. diced
4 stalks celery, chopped
6 cups homemade chicken broth
5 carrots, sliced
2 handfuls kale, chopped
3-4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
seasonings (I used fresh cilantro, parsley, garlic salt, salt and pepper.  How much you season this will depend on how flavored your broth is.)
1 box quinoa noodles (I used rotelle)

Melt butter and saute onion and celery.  Add broth, carrots, kale, chicken and seasonings.  bring to a boil and simmer for at least 15 minutes.  Bring to a boil again and add noodles.  Cook about 8-10 minutes.
 
image 

This is my favorite brand of noodles.  The ingredients are corn & quinoa flour, no other additives.  Rice noodles would be a better option for those with corn sensitivities, but they tend to fall apart easier.   They can be found at Hy-Vee.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment