Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Brussels Sprouts, Bacon & Egg

I had some leftover Brussels sprouts in my fridge.  This may be a bit odd, but these always sound really good to me in the morning.  In fact, I prefer them for breakfast over supper.  Anyway, the rest of my family is not on board with this breakfast craving!  I made them turkey bacon and fried eggs.  This is what I made myself and it was yummy.  The children wanted to eat part of my breakfast when it was all done.  They thought it was good, but were happier with theirs, so maybe someday we can all eat this???  This would really be great for any meal of the day.

Brussels Sprouts, Bacon & Egg
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 strips turkey bacon, chopped
2 cups cooked Brussels sprouts (mine were seasoned with garlic salt)
egg
salt & pepper

Melt oil in a skillet.  Cook bacon until crispy.  Add sprouts.  Saute a couple minutes then put lid on to heat through.  Once heated, crack egg in the middle, season and return lid. Serve when egg is cooked to your liking.  I topped mine with a few grinds of "Spicy Garlic," which has garlic, salt and crushed red pepper in it.
 image

No comments:

Post a Comment