Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cashew Butter & Sandwich Bread

This is the very first time I have made cashew butter.  It was really good & I had a plan for most of it.  From 3 cups of raw cashews, I yielded this much.  1 cup for my recipe & 1/2 cup for eating! (This picture is not the greatest, the sun shining in made it dark.  But, the sun is shining, yea!)

 

This sandwich bread is from one of my favorite paleo resources!  Her cookbook is full of great recipes and she is coming out with a new one this fall.  She recommends parchment paper for baking this bread.  I will second that recommendation & would probably go as far as to say all paleo baked goods need parchment paper!  I used 1 Tbsp of honey in my loaf.


 
This turned out well and is very good.  Even the kids liked it!

2 comments:

  1. How did you make your cashew butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the cashew butter per the instructions for peanut butter in my Vitamix instruction book. I know many people make nut butters in their food processors. Basically run the nuts until they turn into nut butter, scrape down the sides so it all becomes creamy. Only cashews, nothing added. I have also made this with roasted, unsalted cashews & my J loves this, your J might like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete