Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Almond Pancakes (Egg Free)

As we muddle through the journey of special diets, it's great to have friends by your side!  I asked for an egg free pancake recipe, and one reader delivered.  Thank you!  This recipe is adapted from nuts.com almond pancakes, but so many changes have been made by my friend.  Now I made 1 more.  This recipe has good flavor.  It seems to have the same texture as other almond flour pancakes.  The kiddos thought they were "OK," but I thought they were great.

Almond Pancakes
1/4 cup ground flax seed mixed in 3/4 cup of very warm water (let sit at least 5 minutes)
5/8 cup of cocnut milk
1/3 cup olive oil (I used light)
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
heaping 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1 Tbsp coconut sugar or 8 drops of stevia

Mix well.  Set stove at 1/2 heat (325-350 is best); oil the pan; use 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour dough into pan; cook like regular pancakes.  About 3.5 minutes per side.  Serve with fruit on top.

***The instructions for cooking came with the recipe, I have no idea what temp I cooked these on.  Have you ever seen my stove?!?!?!? It has no luxuries like temperature control.  :)***
image

1 comment: