Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Salad Dressing

Tonight we picked the first greens of the season out of our garden.  I made a salad with lettuce, spinach and kale.  I always love my aunt's dressing recipe on fresh garden greens, unfortunately it is loaded with sugar.  Here's the original and my paleofied version:

Aunt Eileen's Salad Dressing (original)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup salad oil
1/4 tsp celery seed
Combine in pint jar, shake well, and refridgerate.

 Aunt Eileen's Salad Dressing (adapted)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic
1 Tbsp honey
15 drops stevia
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup light olive oil
1/4 tsp celery seed

I ate my salad with green onions, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, peppers and leftover steak.    Pretty sure I could eat this all summer!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment