Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Grilled Chicken With Ginger Cilantro Sauce

This is beginning the time of year that all meals are determined by what is ripe in the garden.  Right now our cilantro is delicious!  Once it gets really hot in the summer it begins to be bitter, so we are enjoying it now. If you do not happen to have this, Kroger usually carries organic cilantro for a good price.

Yesterday, I posted a chili pepper mayo recipe.  At the end of the post I said I made it into a sauce for our supper.  Hubby & I are fighting colds, so I wanted to implement a good dose of ginger into our diet.  So, I created this sauce with an oriental flair.  We loved it & our oldest loved it.  The younger kiddos thought it was "just ok."  They do not appreciate when I put too much fresh ginger in things.  So, this is something to consider if you are making this for younger kiddos.

Here's what I put in my sauce:

image 
1/3 cup chili mayo (could sub plain mayo and a few shakes of hot sauce)
1 chunk of ginger, pealed
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
handful of fresh cilantro

Blend together and chill before serving.  (I had mine in the fridge about 1.5 hours.) 

Here's what it looked like on the chicken with the rest of dinner:

image 
Chicken:  boneless, skinless thighs seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Sweet potatoes:  spiralized and seasoned with salt, pepper and fresh cilantro.  Bake 425 for 20-30 minutes
Brocolli
Melon 

***Cooking tip:  When you have something out/dirty/already made, make something else with it.  This is a great example of this.  This chili mayo was put in a jar in the fridge to use for sandwiches this week.  I left some in the Vitamix and made a sauce for supper.  Then I cleaned my Vitamix only once.  I grilled extra chicken that will go on a salad today with the ginger cilantro sauce as a dressing.  Nothing earth shattering, but this really helps to reduce kitchen time and food waste.*** 




No comments:

Post a Comment