Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Marvelous Meatballs

I made these meatballs tonight.  The only thing I did different was I swapped out the pork for ground turkey and inadvertently omitted the almond flour.  I felt that they lacked flavor, but were fairly good overall.  The author of the recipe does not have specific amounts, so go ahead and add plenty of spice, I was wishing I would have had more in mine.  I served mine over spaghetti squash and with a yummy spinach salad & fruit.

Here is the dressing I like to make for spinach:

 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
25 drops stevia
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
6 frozen strawberries, about 1/3 cup
1 cup oil (I used olive)

Combine all ingredients in a blender, except oil, and blend until smooth.  Slowly add oil until emulsified.   Store any leftover in the fridge.

  
imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment