Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Eating Out

Today was a good day.  I got to go to church, took a nap, went for a jog with my daughter, went out with some special ladies for the evening, and I ate supper twice!


 
This is a 'Shroom burger in a lettuce wrap with sweet potato fries from Red Robin.  This restaurant has gluten free sweet potato fries, yes!  I have found many restaurants are willing to wrap a sandwich in lettuce and will give you alternative sides, just ask.  This may not help with a severe allergies or intolerance, but this helps to make better choices and enjoy a meal out once in awhile.  Jimmy John's does the unwich, Subway will put any meat on a salad, Arby's will put the roast beef in a container and give you a fork, and most sit down restaurants will sub out fries for fresh fruit or vegetable of the day.  Many places now offer a gluten free pasta option or pizza crust.  Local to me, Firehouse Pizza has the best GF crust.  They also offer a vegan pizza that I plan to try next time I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment