Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Paleo Crepes with Berries

My grandma made the best "Skinny Pancakes!"  Then she would top them with thickened blueberries from her freezer.  We would roll them up & dump syrup on top of that.  This is another nostalgic meal paleofied so I can still enjoy.  I wonder at my grandmother's patience and servant-hood as I stand at the stove flipping them as fast as the family eats them!
 
Make these paleo crepes!  (I used about 6 drops of Vanilla Creme stevia for the sweetener.)  If you want to call them skinny pancakes, go ahead.  :)  

We made 2 toppings today.  The first one is just thawed wild blueberries.  The second was a blackberry sauce.

Blackberry Sauce:
2 cups frozen blackberries
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp water

Combine in pan and simmer for a few minutes.  Chop berries up and simmer a bit longer until it is heated through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment