Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Chai Tea Concentrate

Yesterday I made this chai tea concentrate.  I used Newman's Own organic black tea.  I omitted fennel seed, since I didn't have any & used 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom since I didn't have the pods.  Otherwise, I followed this recipe.  This morning I picked a friend up early to go garden seed shopping (it's that time of year, yeah!)  I decided to heat one of these up for each of us.  I made hers with whole milk and mine with half coconut/half almond milk.  It was yummy, but I wished mine was a bit sweeter, so I added about 6 drops of vanilla stevia to both our canisters.  Such a yummy treat to sip on while dreaming about all we can grow this summer.  I have lots of mix left, so I will definitely be using this as the temperature drops next week.


****Here's something I came up with to make an iced version****
 Iced Chai Tea Latte
1 cup chai tea concentrate
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup ice
6 drops vanilla stevia
 

1 comment:

  1. a gardening friendApril 12, 2014 at 7:00 AM

    The Chai Tea Latte was great! I really enjoyed it. Thank you for bringing one along for me and thanks for bringing me along, too. :)

    ReplyDelete