Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Here is another great recipe from elanaspantry.com!  I had these cookies ready when the kiddos came home from school today and they were a hit.  It is difficult to make a crispy, paleo cookie.  I think the palm shortening in this recipe is the key.
image 

Here are some of the ingredients I used in this recipe and where I find them.


image

I prefer the Honeyville brand blanched almond flour.  I have ordered it directly from the company or through Amazon.  I have not found it locally.  

image

The only celtic sea salt I have is too coarse for a cookie.  I use this sea salt from Costco in most of my baked goods.

image

This is 100% palm oil.  I have found it at Kroger and HyVee in their health foods sections.  


image
I typically buy this sugar in bulk, but I have found it at HyVee.



image 

These Dagoba dark chocolate chips are so good.  They are 74% cacao and fairly paleo friendly.  I get these through my health foods co-op, but they can be ordered online.  They are pricy, so I try to use sparingly.  The Enjoy Life brand ones are not paleo since they contain sugar.  I feel they are a better choice then some.  They are at most health food stores and sections in the grocery store.  I used a half & half mixture today since my kiddos prefer if they are not 100% dark chocolate.  This still is a lot less refined sugar than a traditional cookie!

I make my own vanilla.  Here is how:  How To Make Vanilla Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment