Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

How to Make Almond Milk

You only need 2 ingredients to make almond milk.  Why would you want to make your own instead of buying it?  The reasons are the same as I stated in my how to make coconut milk post.
 image 
You need just 2 ingredients:  
3 cups of filtered water
1 cup raw almonds

image 
Place in Vitamix (I do not know if this will work in other blender.  My guess is it will, but it will need more time) and gradually increase power to 10, then run on high for a minute.


 image 
Run liquid through a nut-milk bag or I use a paint strainer.  Be sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.


image

Store in glass jars in the fridge.

Then discard pulp or make it into unblanched almond flour.

To make flour:
Dry out pulp.  I put mine in the toaster oven for about 1/2 hour at 250 degrees. 
imageimage


After pulp is completely dry, place in blender or coffee grinder.  I think this flat blade fro my Magic Bullet grinds the finest flour.

image
Store in the freezer and use next time you want to make something have the "whole grain" look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment